The weather is finally starting to warm up a bit here in NYC. As it gets warmer many of us immediately begin to wonder how a flat stomach factors into our warm weather clothes. Personally, having a flat stomach is an ongoing struggle for me. I have good days/spans of times and then moments where my belly is bloated. As someone who has experienced all stages of a flat stomach, I do have some flat stomach tips and tricks to share !
Besides a regular fitness regiment and clean eating, a flat stomach can be maintained or encouraged in several ways.
1. Eat well. A healthy diet consisting of lean cuts of meat and a large amount of vegetables and a small amount of carbs can work wonders. I have always had the best results when I was eating nutritional, balanced meals regularly.
2. Fight the bloat. Drink lots of water and avoid taking in too much salt or caffeine which causes you to retain water. You may feel weird at first and feel like drinking more water is making you bloated, but trust me once you cut out the ingredients\\ that make you retain water, you will see a difference.
3. Detect food allergies. Many people may experience symptoms from food allergies. For example those with reactions to gluten or milk products may have a bloated abdomen area. After you eat certain foods and you notice that something isn’t quite right you may need to consult with a doctor to rule this out.
4. Health Conditions. As with food allergies, conditions such as Crohn’s and Ulcerative Colitis could cause bloated belly symptoms often triggered by certain foods. Active flares in Crohn’s and Colitis can also cause bloating and swelling to the abdominal area. It’s always best to consult with a doctor if you think this may apply to you. A doctor could provide you with many options that could help you.
5. Sit up straight. Your abs are muscles, and if not used they will grow weak. Sitting up straight holds your ab muscles tight and can help keep them in shape.
What techniques do you use to maintain a flat stomach?