It’s Superbowl season you’ve got an invite and have read my tips on how to slay a Superbowl party. You have picked out your outfit, but what about your makeup? If you are like me and wear makeup nearly every day, you may be wondering what kind of Superbowl makeup look fits for a Superbowl party. I’m going to a Superbowl party this weekend and had the urge to do a full face, eyelashes and a smokey eye… then I snapped out of it. Superbowl party makeup shouldn’t be complicated, its either no makeup, natural makeup or something fun. Being a Smart Sagittarius I went for fun and football inspired look.
This makeup look is quick and literally adds on one extra step to a standard makeup application. This will probably be my go to Superbowl party makeup look for a while, I think is unique and cute. Here’s how I got the look:
1)After you cleanse and moisturize your face, apply primer. My current staples are Clarins gentle foaming cleanser, Cetaphil Oil Control Moisturizer and Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer.
2) Define those brows. Use whatever you like, gel, pencil, etc. In this I used Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip brow, one of my staples.
3) Apply concealor to cover any blemishes or to highlight certain areas before foundation is applied. I used concealor to sharpen the appearance of my brownline. In this image I used NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in the shade “biscuit”.
4) Eye shadow is optional for this look, but if you do apply it make sure its a neutral shade. I used a muted brown shade from my Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. Make sure you blend it out and don’t apply too much.
5) Apply your foundation and setting powder (if you use it). Swipe on two coats of mascara or apply false lashes if you really want a flirty look. I used Lancome Teint Idole foundation, Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara and NARS Setting Powder.
6) Now its time to grab a liquid liner then go look in the mirror and make your best football screw face. (LOL, I had to get into the spirit of things.) Draw an outline of a rectangle under your eyes, right where your cheeks start. Make the rectangle to your liking and then slowly fill it in. For added drama before it is fully dry take your finger and smudge it a little. I used Stila Waterproof Liquid Liner for this. The applicator is easy to use and draw a line with.
7) Apply your favorite lipstick, preferably a color in the red family as long as its a bright feminine shade to balance the toughness of the “eye black” under your eyes. I used Yves Saint Laurent Rogue lipstick.
Let me know people’s reactions to your cool fun Superbowl makeup look.